Recently I was thinking about what to make for dinner and decided to experiment with this awesome recipe. I love sweet potatoes and kale so I was very excited to try this recipe. Of course I made some changes but I love the way it turned out.
Hope you enjoy!
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Mince garlic.
3. Chop sweet potatoes and onions into thin slices into thin slices.
4. Once you are done, boil sweet potatoes until they are soft.
5. Remove tough stems from kale and tear into bite sized pieces.
6. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan with garlic, onion, and kale. Add salt to taste.
7. After kale and sweet potatoes are finished cooking, let cool.
8. In a small pot, combine half and half, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese to create your gratin sauce. Combine well.
9. Layer sweet potato, kale, onion, and gratin sauce in baking dish.
10. Once completed, top with remaining parmesan cheese.
11. Bake for 15 minutes.
12. Serve and enjoy!
Let me know what you think of this recipe.
And of course, if you have any comments or suggestions let me know. 🙂